Crew Leader Position
Trillium Landscape Design is a boutique rooftop and garden design/ build firm based in New York City. We are currently seeking a professional urban gardener/horticulturist who not only possesses a strong landscape background and comprehensive understanding of plants and plant care but also a strong sense of aesthetics and a passion for urban garden maintenance and installations. The candidate will be required to be hands on and to lead through strong communication and organization.
- Carry out maintenance for each property, executed in a detailed, thoughtful, quick and efficient manner.
- Ability to recognize the signs and symptoms of distressed plant material and apply knowledge to remedy health issues.
- Installations are to be executed with a strong knowledge of horticultural practices and an eye for design.
- Excellent communication is to be maintained with the crew, office, third party vendors and clients
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in the field and to keep accurate record of any issues on site.
- Knowing how to install, repair, and maintain irrigation systems and lighting.
- Ability to lead, manage and teach crew throughout maintenance and installations to be sure standards are met.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude as the leader of the maintenance and installation crew and to possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to assist creating weekly installation/maintenance scheduling and track/report labor hours of each project.
- Education in Horticulture, related field or comparable experience.
- Professional Experience in Urban Gardening and Landscape Maintenance and Installation in NYC.
- A well-developed skill set in horticulture: plant identification, plant health care, planting, transplanting, maintaining plants, IPM and pruning. (Not only shearing but thinning, cleaning and training trees and shrubs)
- A keen eye for detail, aesthetics and annual/perennial design.
- Experience in project management and leading/training a team.
- Maintain proper inventory of materials, equipment and other supplies to complete day to day operations.
- To approach each installation in an organized fashion.
- Must be punctual Must be able to carry 50 lb.
- Must have the ability to work in all types of weather.
- A valid Driver’s License and the ability to drive a box truck throughout NYC and vicinit.
- Compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Trillium Landscape Design is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Paid Holidays/Vacation/Sick Days and transportation expense.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Candidates without experience will not be considered.
Trillium Landscape Design