Data & Analytics Specialist for Environment and Planning
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $75,000 - $83,000 per year
The mission of Environment and Planning (E&P) at NYC Parks is to plan resilient and sustainable parks, public spaces, and recreational amenities, build a park system for present and future generations, and care for parks and public spaces. This position will work within the Data Systems and Analytics team of the E&P division. The team is responsible for creating tools and applications, developing, and maintaining enterprise asset management systems, making reports and dashboards, and conducting analytics for 200+ people that focus on forestry and natural area operations, management, and conservation.
- Under general direction of supervisor, with wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment, develop, maintain, and collaborate on a portfolio of complex technical and analytical projects and applications.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Division programs and operations; collaborate with senior leadership to understand, identify, and prioritize technical and analytical needs.
- Develop and run SQL data queries and stored procedures to perform complex analyses on Division-wide data.
- Build data collection and management applications using ESRI products such as ArcGIS Pro, Survey123, Field Maps, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate with a cross-functional team to perform non-spatial and geospatial analyses to produce metrics for Division-wide use.
- Develop, update, and maintain datasets of key metrics in centralized Division repositories.
- Create reports, dashboards, and other visualizations using business intelligence tools to support and drive policy and operational decisions.
- Engage in ongoing data quality assurance; collaborate with end users to implement solutions to ensure data integrity and standards.
- Provide user support and facilitate trainings on standard operating procedures and data management best practices for team-built tools and applications.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the areas(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or,
2. An associate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the areas required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or,
3. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or,
4. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1”, “2”, or “3” above.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. Proven experience writing advanced SQL queries and stored procedures including common table expressions, nested queries, and spatial SQL.
2. Demonstrated experience working with geospatial data and the ESRI suite of products.
3. Experience using business intelligence tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
4. Experienced in writing reports and presenting findings to key stakeholders on data analyses.
5. Excellent communication skills.
How to apply
Click here to apply: Data and Analytics Specialist for Environment and Planning
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 580470.
Movement in the face of civil service lists is prohibited under civil service law. The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy
Telecommunications device for the deaf: (212) 504-4115
Website: Apply Online