Design and Garden Assistant
Red Fern Brooklyn, a Red Hook based garden and interior plant design studio, is looking for a Design & Garden Assistant for the 2019 season. This position would start immediately.
Job Description: This position is half studio-based and half field-based. Candidates should be able to multitask, open to learning new things, a tech trouble-shooter, and versed in social media development. The Design Assistant will be working closely with Designers to organize upcoming projects, communicating with residential garden clients, helping with marketing and administrative tasks. The Design Assistant will also help purchase supplies, including attending plant runs to local nurseries. Candidates will be expected to help on installs as needed. Knowledge of plants and prior gardening experience a plus. Design Assistant must have a valid driver’s license, feel comfortable driving vans/trucks, and have a clean driving record.
- Interest in design, the environment, and the interworking of a small business
- Detail-oriented, observant, organized, creative
- Mac/Smart Phone/ General Tech savvy
- Social Media experience
- Enjoy working with people and plants
- Horticultural and Gardening experience a plus
- Must have a valid drivers license and drive vans/trucks
- Must be willing and ready to work in all weather conditions
Please send your resume and professional references to email@example.com.
Red Fern Brooklyn