Start Date: TBD Compensation: TBD
A Brooklyn-based Landscape Design-Build agency specializing in urban outdoor environments is searching for an ambitious Designer to work on a range of high-end residential, commercial, and institutional projects. Developing small spaces with an eye on style, practical details, and timelessness, our projects range from rooftop terraces, Brownstone backyards, boutique hotels, and custom furnishings. We are a design-led agency.
The candidate joins a tight-knit team dedicated to rapid project turnover, excellent standards of customer service, and all facets of professional construction and horticulture installations. The right candidate is a well-organized, highly functioning multi-tasker and problem solver with excellent design sensibilities with a good grasp of construction details, methods, and tolerances. The candidate straddles the roles of project designer, project manager, and general contractor. Planting knowledge is not a requirement but is helpful.
Position Summary: (Responsibilities include but are not limited to:)
- Act as project Liaison to the client with oversight from Creative Director and Operations Director
- Responsible for project development through schematic Design and Design Development phases. Will work closely with the Director of Operations during construction document development, occasionally facilitating building code (NYC DOB filing process) and other municipal filings.
- Assist Creative Director and Operations Director with client correspondence, material ordering, purchasing, and day-to-day communications
- Responsible for coordinating construction details working between plan, section and elevation, material coordination. The designer is responsible for reviewing his or her drafting for general coordination of project components and details before presentation to the Creative Director and/ or Director of Operations. Experience with shop drawings is a desirable
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of job tracking systems
- Assist in the creation of new Design Proposals, Construction Proposals, and Construction estimates
- Review and evaluation of specialized material take-offs for project-specific ordering, take-offs, and project estimates
- Assist in the management of miscellaneous duties/ responsibilities as assigned by Creative Direction and Director of Operations
- Attending client meetings (project introduction, surveying, and other necessary project-centric related tasks and be the liaison for client correspondence during the duration of the project
- The ideal candidate must have 4-5 years of experience working for an architect. In addition, the candidate must have experience in assembling drawing sets, drawing standards, contract development, and review, and material take-offs. Applicant must provide:
Please send to email@example.com
- Description of job-related experience in the response email
- Resume in PDF format
- 3 references, 1 personal, 2 professional