Compensation: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. (RIPA) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that works with the City of New York and local communities to provide an innovative and exciting destination through a wide range of sports venues, public programs, cultural events, and environmental exploration. As the dedicated steward of Randall’s Island Park, the Alliance sustains, maintains, develops, and programs the Park to support the wellbeing of all New Yorkers. RIPA has an annual budget of $10 million, approximately half of which is raised through fundraising.
The Development Associate plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development Office and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail and digital appeals, and special events. The Associate also works collaboratively with RIPA staff and volunteers to support outreach and maintain relationships with donors.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES contracts, permits and other event materials; day-of event execution; and other duties as assigned
- Maintain accuracy of foundation, corporation and individual donor files
- Prepare individual giving appeals and other mailings
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Create queries, lists, fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Create invitation lists, manage invitation mailing, and track RSVPs where necessary
- Support fundraising event preparation and execution, including event committee and volunteer management; organizing
- Develop event budgets and schedules, where necessary
- Responsible for researching grants, collecting supporting documents, writing narratives and submitting applications.
- Prepare materials for Board and volunteer fundraising committee meetings
- Work with the Communications team to maintain and regularly update development-related website pages
- Support the Chief Development Officer and Senior Staff in development initiatives and other activities as assigned
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functionsthat an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with concentration in Marketing or Communications
- Familiarity with web and email design a plus
- Experience in an administrative fundraising position or willingness to learn
- Familiarity in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge fundraising management database
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated, able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
Randall's Island Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online