Development & Outreach Coordinator
The Mountain Top Arboretum is located in the northern Catskill Mountains of New York at 2,400 feet elevation in an area with a rich artistic history and a vibrant year round music, arts, and food scene. The Arboretum was established in 1977 and comprises displays of native and non-native plants and curated natural areas in four separate but interconnected sites covering 178 acres. See www.mtarboretum.org. Of special mention are its Catskill native plantings surrounding the new Education Center, including a series of six rain gardens, the woodland walk, hedgerow display, spiral labyrinth, and bird cove highlighting the importance of native species, and an unspoiled northern hardwood/conifer forest surrounding a mountain top wetland. The site is at the northern end of the New York City watershed requiring special attention to ecological practices. The Arboretum presents public programs throughout the year, using its new timber frame Education Center for indoor programming.
The Arboretum seeks to hire a Full-Time Development & Outreach Coordinator reporting to the Executive Director. The Development & Outreach Coordinator will participate in all aspects of the organization’s administrative, membership development, fundraising, education, visitor services, outreach and PR work. The qualified candidate is passionate about plants, land stewardship and environmental education, has a discerning eye for visitor experiences, a strong work ethic, enjoys interacting with the public and would like an opportunity to gain broad experience in a small but high-quality organization. The Development & Outreach Coordinator will join a full-time staff of two and will be expected to adapt to the challenges and opportunities that arise with this growing organization.
* Improve and expand development of donors and members
* Maintain Little Green Light or other donor software to track membership and development
* Generate membership letters and mailings
* Organize and support fundraising programs
* Research, write and administer grants
* Foster content in social media that will attract visitors and ultimately members and donors
* Greet visitors
* Coordinate development of interpretive signage and brochures
* Maintain kiosks and informational displays
* Assist and facilitate in educational programming and events
* Coordinate and support volunteer and docent programs
* Develop and coordinate PR and press
* Open and close Education Center and maintain tidiness of visitor areas
3. Office Duties
* Order and purchase office and other supplies
* Keep software up to date in coordination with IT contractors
* Execute various administrative duties such as generating reports, recording program attendance and sales, miscellaneous organizational record keeping, filing, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
- Experience in not for profit, education or business organization
- Able to work independently and take responsibility for task execution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and social media
- Comfortable and proficient with marketing and promotion strategies and skills
- Have valid driver’s license
- Friendly, active listener with excellent conversational and speaking skills
- Must be able to lift and move full file boxes
Please Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Interested applicants should send a resume to Marc Wolf, Executive Director, at email@example.com
The Arboretum is an equal opportunity employer.
The desired start date is October/November 2019.
The successful candidate will receive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Mountain Top Arboretum
Contact Name: Marc Wolf