Director, Park Maintenance
Reporting to the Chief of Operations, the Director of Operations Management provides leadership and managerial oversight for park operations centralized operations asset management and procurement systems, including data coordinators and administrative support staff. Maintain and manage the Central Park Conservancy’s Operations GIS database, including park feature datasets to record and plan maintenance tasks. Ensure consistency and quality assurance in data collection; provide reports regarding maintenance data; document policies and procedures; standardize operating procedures and protocols. Manage Operations support staff to ensure staff time is allocated to the appropriate budget codes. Review accruals and work with department managers. Review and track permit applications; coordinate with New York City agencies.
- Ensure operations record keeping credibility by maintaining data accuracy and consistency, routinely checking for errors, anomalies and duplications.
collection complaints, and park inspections.
functional and park telecommunications to ensure systems are functional in park facilities.
- Ensure quality of field data entry by periodically accompanying field staff during data
- Codify business rules and standard operating procedures for data management.
- Hold routine meetings to review and track work orders, service requests, 311
- Work with department of information technology to ensure park data systems are park facilities.
· Oversee the process for tracking and monitoring permit applications for Central Park
- Manage overall department correspondence and administrative support.
- Develop, coordinate, review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for Operations.
- Employ inventory control measures for supplies and materials.
· Develop department goals and objectives for prescribed timeframes and monitor outcomes.
Prepare and track budgets, purchase equipment, supplies and materials for department.
· Review and manage purchase requisitioning, receipt of goods & services, prepare reports and ensure compliance with CPC Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
· Participate in employee selection process, staff training and evaluation of employees based on performance measures and outcomes.
· Coach and train personnel to improve performance and/or take corrective action.
· Respond to emergency situations with flexibility in schedule.
· Respond to park patron concerns or complaints in a timely manner, maintaining a customer service philosophy.
- Associates Degree in park operations management or related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive supervisory experience in a leadership position in park operations with multiple direct reports, ability to multitask.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data management, work order systems and reporting.
- Proficient with principles of supervision, employee motivation and team building.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, OSHA requirements pertaining to parks maintenance.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to develop reports, track budgets,staff appraisals, correspondence with vendors, computing skills, MS Word, Excel and Arc GIS.
- Capable of making a cohesive presentation and provide staff training.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
Abilities Required: Establish and facilitate effective working relationships with employees, park patrons and outside contacts. Collaborate, think critically, plan proactively and solve problems with efficiency and professionalism. Lift a maximum of 50 lbs
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Central Park Conservancy
Contact Name: Shawntall Favorite
Website: Apply Online