Dune Restoration - Lead Gardener - Maintenance Crew
RISE is looking to hire a part-time seasonal crew member to lead and oversee implementation of Greater Rockaway Community and Shoreline Enhancement Plan, a long-term community-centered dune restoration project along the Rockaway peninsula. Position requires 20-25 hours per week doing maintenance of the dune preserve and oversight of the maintenance crew.
This position will be involved in many aspects of the restoration project, including:
- watering new native plantings until establishment;
- removal of invasive species;
- removal of trash and litter from restoration areas;
- monitoring new native plantings; and
- working with youth and volunteer groups to carry out restoration tasks, as needed.
- lives in or has a connection to the Rockaway peninsula;
- has 2-3 years of professional experience managing a garden or farm space;
- is enthusiastic about working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, including heat, rain, or
- can work independently and has experience managing others in a team; and
- is able to perform heavy physical labor on a regular basis and can lift and carry 50 pounds.
RISE- Rockaway Initiative for Sustainability and Equity
Contact Name: Juvie Anne Alfeche