Dune Restoration - Maintenance Crew Member
RISE is looking to hire (2-3) part-time, seasonal crew members to provide support in implementing the Greater Rockaway Community and Shoreline Enhancement Plan, a long-term, community-centered dune restoration project along the Rockaway Peninsula. Positions will begin at 10-15 hours per week, at $18/hour, with the potential for additional hours as the season progresses.
Crew members will be involved in many aspects of the restoration project, including:
- Watering new native plantings until establishment
- Removal of invasive species
- Removal of trash and litter from restoration areas
- Monitoring new native plantings
- Working with youth and volunteer groups to carry out restoration tasks, as needed
- Lives in, or has a connection to, the Rockaway Peninsula
- Is eager to learn about dune restoration and has an interest in native plants of the Northeast coastal ecosystem
- Is enthusiastic about working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, including heat, rain or cold
- Can work independently or in a team
- Is able to perform heavy physical labor on a regular basis; is able to lift and carry 50 lbs
To apply, please send a brief cover letter, with details of your availability, and resume to Juvie Anne Alfeche at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Dune Restoration Maintenance Crew Position” in the subject.
RISE- Rockaway Initiative for Sustainability and Equity
Contact Name: Juvie Anne Alfeche