A wonderful opportunity to work with an Ecological team striving to restore a historical property. The Ecological Gardener is a service-oriented individual who provides hands-on assistance to the Ecological Landscape Manager and works closely with subcontractors to maintain the property at the highest standards. The Gardener is responsible for natural landscape care, trail maintenance, grounds work, mowing, equipment, and vehicle maintenance.
- Valid Driver’s License required a confident driver with a clean driving record.
- Ability to regularly handle heavy manual labor: lifting and pushing objects/machinery 50lbs-100lbs.
- Physically able to frequently ascend/descend ladders, bend over or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Have knowledge, training, and experience in horticulture, with an emphasis on natural landscapes.
- Native plant knowledge, and an enthusiasm for supporting local ecosystems.
- Skill and experience in the operation and utilization of landscape and gardening machinery and tools. This includes utility vehicles, mowers, weed whackers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, blowers, and hand tools such as pruners, spades, and digging forks.