Ecological Landscaping Assistant
Start Date: April 2020 Compensation: 15+
We are seeking an energetic person who is interested in plants, biodiversity, gardening and the environment to join on our landscaping crew. You will be working with professionals who will guide you on how we create and maintain beautiful, organic gardens that function like eco-systems.
- Able to take direction and work independently as well as with a team
- Weeding, watering, mulching and general care of gardens, meadows and managed woodlands
- Assist other gardeners as needed in tree care, plant installations, and some organic pest control
- Pruning and deadheading, will we train as needed
- Able to lift 50 lbs and perform physical labor on a daily basis
- Experience with stonework and/or light carpentry is a big plus, but necessary.
You should be physically fit, a non-smoker, and love working in the great outdoors. Having a good eye for design and detail will make this job easier and more fun for everyone. We work in many types of terrains, and not always the most comfortable weather, so we need people who are adaptable. A love and respect for nature is key. You will be required to have your own reliable transportation as often we meet at job sites. All work is within Ulster County, NY. Must be at least 20 years old.