- Educate students using established curricula emphasizing hands-on botany, nutrition, art, natural science and gardening activities
- Maintain attendance and learning outcome records
- Plant, propagate, cultivate, and maintain school and community gardens
- Organize, order and deliver supplies
- Assist with training, mentoring and scheduling interns
- 4-year college degree in education, environmental science, botany or related field.
- Experience with both educating children and gardening.
- Detail oriented and organizational skills.
- Love of travel by public transportation.
- Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with department staff to complete projects on a timely basis.
- Ability to shine amid tight deadlines and changing conditions.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Saturday hours required.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Send cover letter and resume with subject line: EDUCATOR POSITION to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Ito, Director of Education
The Horticultural Society of New York
Contact Name: Pam Ito