Employee Experience Associate
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: 60,000-65,000
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming, and unique public park and public art space located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. With its one-of-a-kind design and dynamic offerings and experiences, Little Island invites all New Yorkers to experience a public space that is designed to ignite imagination, foster spontaneity and play, and support camaraderie and connection. Little Island relies on its dedicated staff to deliver this experience and cultivate a public space that is welcoming for all to enjoy.
Employee Experience Associate
Little Island seeks an Employee Experience Associate to join the team. This role is responsible for spearheading the operations of Little Island’s employee spaces at the park (break areas, meeting spaces, and amenities) and in our headquarters: a multi-purpose working space that includes administrative offices, locker room, rehearsal room, kitchen areas, storage, and common staff areas. In addition, this role supports the Employee Experience department in the recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding of all employees as well as overall staff communications and initiatives. A successful Employee Experience Associate is a strong project manager with excellent written communication skills and a passion for efficiency. They possess the ability to gracefully balance the competing priorities of a fast-paced organization, seek to optimize organizational efficiency, and champion hospitality and problem-solving in all aspects of their work. This role reports directly to the Employee Experience Manager.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of all employee spaces at our headquarters and in our park, ensuring a continuity of experience across all employee spaces. This role is responsible for ensuring all spaces are maintained with excellence and staff and visitors have access to the resources and tools they need to succeed at their jobs
- Manage the inventory, check out and assignment processes for lockers, shared technology/workstations, and uniforms organization-wide
- Create and implement organization-wide protocols and shared standards for personal desks and lockers and communal space usage
- Order, track, organize and restock office supplies, packages, equipment, and fixtures in all employee spaces onsite at Headquarters and at the park;
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison with other stakeholders in our Headquarters building to ensure that our standards of accessibility, security and cleanliness are upheld; Oversee the access control system for the Headquarters
- Manage the Headquarters and Facilities budget, including researching and projecting project costs for improvements and repairs, purchasing employee supplies (office supplies, handwarmers, sunscreen, décor and furnishings, kitchen supplies, snacks, etc.), submitting invoices, and reconciling purchases
- Provide helpful updates on organization-wide systems and announcements, including drafting and circulating ongoing newsletters, planning and executing organization-wide meetings, etc.
- Support the Administrative Associate with basic tech support, including wi-fi access, conference room technology support, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Produce staff events, experiences, and initiatives in partnership with the Employee Experience and Executive department
- Collaborate with the Employee Experience department on the coordination of recruitment and onboarding of new employees, including posting roles on external websites, supporting interview coordination, drafting communications, and participating in leading onboarding meetings and workshops as needed.
- Other duties and tasks related to the office, park, and its operations as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience working in office operations, human resources, or relevant field
- Ability to transport or lift supplies or materials weighing up to 20 lbs to assist in the set-up and breakdown of employee spaces
- Fluency in a language other than English a plus
- Ability to work in US
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally at Little Island
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests of Little Island, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
Benefits and Perks
- 10 vacation days, 7 sick days, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k)-retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to free tickets at Little Island and local discounts at neighborhood businesses
Life at Little Island
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies. Based on guidance from global and local health authorities, Little Island has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the start of employment.
- Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Website: Apply Online