Engagement and Education Coordinator
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming and unique public park located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. Opening in spring 2021, Little Island invites all New Yorkers and visitors to experience a new public space that is designed to inspire imagination and creativity and provide visitors of all ages with a one-of-a-kind relationship with nature and art.
ENGAGEMENT AND EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Little Island seeks an Engagement and Education Coordinator to join the team. This role, reporting directly to the Director of Engagement and Education, is responsible for organizing, and supporting the development and implementation of an array of arts-based community engagement and educational programming for Little Island. The ideal candidate is a technically savvy self-starter with a passion for social change and experience working alongside an arts education or community engagement team as an administrator and teaching artist.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees should expect to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Little Island is a park open for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- 10 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our website to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Director of Engagement and Education including calendar scheduling and maintenance, drafting communications, and actively anticipating areas to support the department’s programs and progress
- Schedule and maintain internal and external calendars of community engagement and education program events and activities in software such as Artifax, Asana, and Spektrix
- Create and maintain presentations, correspondence, and administrative systems for the Engagement and Education department
- Drive communication on behalf of the Director of Engagement and Education with key stakeholders in order to establish and shepherd relationships with various partners
- Support the Engagement and Education Associate on the execution of Little Island’s Internship program and expeditions
- Support the Director of Engagement and Education and Employee Experience Manager on workforce development initiatives and communications; act as supervisor for the department’s fellow
- Support the Engagement and Education Associate on the coordination and production of webisodes featuring art making activities and lessons
- Coordinate and provide key support and facilitation for Little Island’s digital and onsite meetings, workshops, field trips, and event programming
- Track program related expenses and maintain all data entry, contact lists, and other administrative tasks for the Engagement and Education department
- Tracks project budgets and teaching artist work assignments for all Engagement and Education programs
- Acts as key department stakeholder in organizational wide systems and programs
- Miscellaneous duties, as assigned
- 2 or more years working in an administrative capacity in support of education or community-based programs
- Experience as a teaching artist or educator in any art form
- A degree in arts education, applied theatre, or related fields, a plus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite\
- A passion for creating and facilitating community access to quality public art and space
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Comfortable working both independently and in collaboration with a diversity of stakeholders include team members, artists, or visitors outside in our park-setting
- Availability to work weekends during the high-season (May-October)
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start ASAP