Entry Level Gardener (Seasonal)
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
We are a small boutique Landscape Design firm specializing in residential, commercial, and institutional garden design, installation, and maintenance. We are looking for a seasonal gardener who is willing to learn and passionate about horticulture. While extensive gardening experience is preferred it is not required for the position. Should the candidate demonstrate a strong eagerness to learn and a strong work ethic, the position would lead to a full-time position and long-term employment. Applicants must be available on weekends when needed.
- Setting up and installing both annual and perennial garden designs.
- Prepping and planting bulbs for fall, followed by winter greens in December.
- Maintaining gardens (i.e., pruning, weeding, deadheading, cleaning up) on a wide variety of urban environments from rooftops to backyards, to tree wells.
- Checking in and assessing the health and quality of our client’s gardens.
- Delivering and hauling plants, soil, equipment, and materials to various job sites.
- Assisting crew members with the help needed to get projects done efficiently and effectively.
- Some gardening experience is necessary.
- Basic plant identification and horticultural maintenance care are preferred.
- Ability to perform physical labor in all weather conditions.
- Technical and/or construction experience is a plus.
- Clean valid driver’s license with knowledge of NYC streetscape preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume with employment referrals to the below e-mail address. Please visit our website: http://www.greshamlanggardens.com/
Contact (No Phone Calls Please): firstname.lastname@example.org
Gresham Lang Garden Design, LLC