Estate Arborist / Plant Health Care
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $60,000-$80,000
A private estate in Northern Westchester is seeking a skilled arborist with experience in plant health care to join our team. The arborist will focus on pruning, monitoring, evaluating and providing proper maintenance, fertilization and pest/disease care to trees, shrubs and ornamentals on the estate.
- Properly identify a wide variety of plants and monitors for signs and symptoms of cultural, pest, and disease issues throughout the estate; report observations to the Head Gardener.
- Maintain and prune trees and woody ornamentals throughout the property; work in conjunction with other gardeners and landscape crews on large planting and maintenance projects.
- Perform fertilization and pest/disease management on trees, shrubs and ornamentals using the proper methods and equipment; maintain detailed records of all observations and applications.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with the horticulture team for supply needs, areas in need of attention and technical questions.
- Properly operate and maintain equipment such as pump sprayers, spray tanks and tools.
- Experience pruning and maintaining trees utilizing best arboricultural practices to accomplish aesthetic and/or cultural objectives
- Experience formulating, mixing and applying fertilizers and pesticides according to label instructions, safety procedures and applicable laws
- Knowledge of proper plant health care practices and integrated pest management principles
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work efficiently and maintain detailed work records
- Ability to perform physical labor and a willingness to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced and dynamic environment where priorities shift due to variables like weather, scheduling and events
- Experience with mapping or tree inventory software is a plus