Compensation: $80,000 - $120,000
An Estate in Millbrook, NY is looking for a seasoned and creative horticultural expert who can work with landscape design team, property management, and farm hand. The Gardener’s primary responsibility will be maintaining the various gardens, all the while ensuring the integrity of the site's infrastructure.
• Plan, plant, and harvest vegetables and cut flower garden plantings.
• Maintain perennial garden beds.
• Planting, weeding, watering, hedge trimming, and maintenance pruning.
• Perform basic irrigation system maintenance.
• Oversee and coordinate maintenance work by outside contractors (seasonal planting, large tree removal, mowing, meadow maintenance, etc.)
• Occasionally assist with the maintenance of trails and fields for equestrian and agricultural use.
• 5+ years of gardening experience including perennial garden maintenance.
• Plant knowledge and horticultural skills are a must. Formal training is desirable.
• Skilled in hand pruning of shrubs and small trees.
• Experience with greenhouse propagation, fruit tree pruning, and topiary is a plus.
• Ability to move items of up to 50 pounds.
• Functional knowledge of garden tools and equipment.
A 500-acre property that is just beginning with restoration and development. Great opportunity to work with a well-known landscape architect.