Start Date: Early/mid-October, 2019 Compensation: $70-75k
Green Guerillas seeks a new Executive Director
to honor the organization’s history, carry out our mission, and shape a new future for our well-established nonprofit. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is a rising non-profit leader interested in community work in the natural world.
For more than four decades, Green Guerillas has provided vital support for New York City’s community garden groups by providing materials, funding, and volunteers needed to help sustain these grassroots groups and make their community gardens more beautiful and bountiful. Our youth activities seek to inspire a new generation of gardeners by engaging youth at the core of the community gardening movement.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization as well as serving as the organization’s lead fundraiser, responsible for identifying and securing funding from foundations, individuals, and elected officials. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission.
- Fundraising & Financial Performance: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Organization Operations: Manages the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Partnerships: Helps to strengthen current partnerships with community garden groups and greening nonprofits and creates new partnerships.
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Nonprofit management experience, five or more years preferred
- Demonstrated experience identifying and securing grants and individual donations
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Please submit a cover letter and resume at http://www.tinyurl.com/ggsnyc
Learn more about us at http://www.greenguerillas.org
No phone calls, please.
Website: Apply Online