Lisa Mantoni Landscape Design is a Brooklyn-based design and build firm with clients in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Position will be approximately 2-3 days/week with potential for full time.
- Assist with all aspects of garden installation on rooftops, terraces and backyards
- Maintain gardens in Manhattan and Brooklyn; duties include pruning, deadheading, transplanting, fertilizing, weeding, pest and disease monitoring/treatment and sweeping all garden areas and surfaces
- Monitor and adjust irrigation systems on an as-needed basis
- Take detailed notes and photos for each job and send daily reports to owner
- 3+ years of professional experience AND/OR formal education in horticulture is a must
- Reliable, punctual and good work ethic
- Team player, responsive to directions and able to prioritize tasks
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Good knowledge of plant ID, maintenance requirements and pruning timing/techniques
- Familiar with pests/disease ID and general knowledge of treatment techniques
- Knowledge of drip irrigation systems – how to program settings and do minor repairs
- Ability to lift heavy things…..repeatedly.
- Be fun and personable! We like to laugh while we do back-breaking labor
- Clean driver’s license a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and 2-3 professional references.
Lisa Mantoni Landscape D
Contact Name: Lisa Mantoni