Start Date: Immediate
Verdant is a boutique landscape design firm founded in 2008 and headquartered in the Gowanus district in Brooklyn. Our clients range from high end residential gardens throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn to boutique hotels and corporate headquarters. Our philosophy is to continually develop new work that challenges conventional design and dynamically integrates existing architecture and the surrounding landscape.
We are seeking a passionate, creative and hard-working individual to join our company. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience working in New York City, a passion for plants, and an intimate knowledge of the intricacies of container gardens, backyards, roofs and terraces. The selected applicant will become an integral member of our core team and work closely with our existing clientele and on new large scale installations scheduled for the fall.
- Managing daily schedule, prioritizing tasks and working efficiently, and building strong rapport with clients
- Perform general maintenance duties and seasonal landscaping work including: pruning, detailing, transplanting, broom cleaning, mulching & leaf removal
- Caring for diverse plant materials such as trees, shrubs, climbers, perennials, grasses, annuals, herbs, vegetables, bulbs, and green roofs
- Installation of new projects, including: loading and unloading materials, preparing planters and planting areas, transplanting a variety of plants and trees, etc
- Monitoring plant health, pest & disease issues, and irrigation systems at each site and keeping detailed records
- Keeping inventory of supplies and performing maintenance on tools
- Demonstrated passion for plants and gardening!
- Formal education and/or minimum 3 years professional experience in the field of horticulture and motivation to expand their knowledge
- Irrigation knowledge and experience, or a willingness to dive in and learn
- Enjoy working as part of a team and independently
- Detail oriented with a high standard for quality and cleanliness working with high end clientele & properties
- In good health and physical condition, with the ability to work in all types of weather. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs, climb ladders and access sites via cranes
- Knowledge of neighborhoods throughout NYC area and MTA buses & subway
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record, comfortable driving a large truck or cargo van