(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
VERDANT is a boutique landscape design firm founded in 2001 and headquartered in the Gowanus district in Brooklyn. Our clients range from high end residential gardens throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn to boutique hotels and corporate headquarters. Our projects continually challenge conventional design and redefine the dialogue between landscape and architecture.
We are in search of an experienced and creative horticulturist with a passion for plants to join our company. We are seeking a professional accustomed to working in New York City possessing an intimate knowledge of the intricacies of urban landscape maintenance and installation. This position will work closely with clients on garden maintenance and stewardship throughout each season. Our ideal candidate will be well versed in working with outdoor and indoor plants, irrigation systems, container gardens, backyards, rooftops and terraces. We have a highly collaborative team and we are looking for a candidate to grow along with us.
To apply, please submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
To learn more about our company and view our projects, please visit our website: https://verdantny.com/
- Performing maintenance on high end properties in Manhattan & Brooklyn; troubleshooting cultural, pest & disease issues; monitoring irrigation systems including tracking seasonal adjustments & repairs
- Caring for diverse plant materials such as trees, shrubs, climbers, perennials, annuals, herbs, vegetables, grasses, bulbs, and green roofs
- Routine gardening tasks and seasonal landscaping work including: garden openings, cut-backs, pruning, dividing & transplanting, grooming & detailing of plantings, clean-ups and leaf removal
- Seasonal plantings and new installations including: loading and unloading materials, preparing planters and planting areas, transplanting a variety of perennials, shrubs and trees
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and appearance to interact with high-end clientele
- Keeping detailed records throughout the season. Much of the reporting and communication requires regular use of computers and smart phones
- Managing inventory of nursery supplies and perform maintenance on tools
- Formal education and/or minimum 3-4 years professional experience in the field of horticulture
- Extensive plant ID skills and understanding of cultural needs for a variety of perennials, shrubs and trees and a motivation to expand their knowledge base
- Strong knowledge of common pests and diseases and methods of management and treatment
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and having a high standard for quality and cleanliness working with high end clientele & properties
- Irrigation knowledge and experience, or a willingness to dive in and learn
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team, and independently/under the supervision of the Field Operations Manager and Design Director
- In good health and physical condition, with the ability to work in all types of weather. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs, climb ladders and access sites via cranes
- Knowledge of neighborhoods throughout NYC and MTA buses & subway
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record, comfortable driving a large truck or cargo van