Experienced Horticulturist / Urban Gardener
Start Date: Immediate Compensation: $27.5 – $32.5 / hour
New York Green Roofs is an award-winning urban landscape firm specializing in gardens on-structure. Working in the high-end residential, commercial, and institutional markets, we build and maintain some of the world's most iconic rooftop landscapes… and we love what we do. We are currently seeking a career minded, experienced horticulturist / urban gardener to join our team and grow with us. The ideal candidate will have a horticulture degree or a master gardener certificate and have experience working as a professional gardener in an urban setting. This is a career track position with opportunity to become a crew leader and field manager.
We maintain nearly 500,000 SF of green roofs as well as container gardens and other urban landscapes. Our office and shop are in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn, accessible via the L train and our projects are located primarily in the 5 boroughs.
This is a full time, seasonal position with benefits that get better every year you work with us.
$27.5 - $32.5 / hour (commensurate with experience). Benefits include: Paid Lunch Break, PTO, 8 Paid Holidays Annually, Health Insurance, and a Retirement Plan.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a strong work ethic and be a team player
- Exhibit relentless enthusiasm for the job and take pride in how they work
- Be on time and professional
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Be comfortable working safely on rooftops
- Be ready to take part in our weekly, monthly and annual training programs
- Often perform heavy manual labor and work in inclement conditions
- Be willing to work longer than 8 hours in a given day, as needed
- Be willing to work more than 5 days in a given week, as needed
- Horticultural degree and a minimum of 1 year of professional urban gardening experience or 3 + years of professional urban gardening experience
- Interest in green infrastructure
- Irrigation and low voltage lighting experience
- Clean driving record and the ability to drive a truck in NYC
- Horticulture Degree
- Crew Leader / team management experience
- Green Roof Experience
- NYC Experience
- NYC SST 40 Hour Certification / OSHA Training
Our Commitment To You:
- A progressive and safe place to work
- The opportunity to learn and grow your career
- The opportunity for advancement throughout the company
- A place on an award-winning team that values its people above all else
New York Green Roofs
Contact Name: Chris Brunner