NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that builds and cares for public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and enjoy.
These public spaces, encompassing over 5,000 properties and 14% of the city’s land and coastline, include seawalls and waterfronts, pedestrian bridges, beaches and boardwalks, parks and playgrounds, historic houses, recreation centers and pools. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.nyc.gov/parks
- Under general supervision, perform work in the prevention, control and elimination of insects, vermin and other pests from buildings and surrounding areas.
- Inspect parks, playgrounds and park facilities for area of pest infestations.
- Select, prepare and use the most effective insecticides, rodenticides, baits and traps for exterminating pests as required.
- Prepare weekly reports, including records of equipment usage, work schedules and exterminating operations performed.
- May drive a motor vehicle.
A certification as a Certified Commercial Pesticide
Applicator for Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Rodent Control (7A) issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. This certificate must be maintained for the duration of appointment.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York Cityresidency required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.
At the time of appointment eligibles must possess a Motor Vehicle License valid in New York State. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment.
Appointees to this position will receive an assignment differential of $1,020 in addition to their base salary.
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 414729
Website: Apply Online