F/T - Hotel Groundskeeper + Maintenance
The William Vale is a bold, progressive and modern luxury hotel. The hotel’s design is truly indicative of the evolution of Brooklyn with an elevated public green space and a vibrant mix of retail and restaurant options.
- Assist the Master Gardener in managing Vale Plaza, Vale Park, Pool and Rooftop areas (i.e., mowing, string trimming, cleaning, pruning, weeding, feeding, mulching, planting & transplanting)
- Responsible for daily upkeep of the property and grounds, which includes changing garbage bins, cleaning the grounds, removing litter, snow removal.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of seasonal activations (Vale Rink, Winter Spa)
- Responsible for routine maintenance of power tools and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Actively participate in The William Vale’s Safety Plan and energy improvements.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as requested by ownership and management.
- Reliable and have a sense of urgency with email communications and follow up.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Encourage synergy and teamwork among the team.
- Outstanding organizational and time management processes.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism in all interactions/situations.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of perennials, trees and shrub identification and care.
- 2 years of professional gardening experience
- Knowledge of drip irrigation systems
- Knowledge of Urban Farming
- Ability to do physical labor and lift 50+ lbs on a daily basis.
- Experience in a hotel is a plus.
The William Vale
Website: Apply Online