Facility Maintainer (MO)
Compensation: $20.00 - 22.50 per hour
The Facility Maintainer performs general maintenance and repair of park properties, buildings, facilities, and equipment and structures. This position is responsible for facilitating the Alliance’s Bench Donor Program and performing a diverse range of activities and tasks in support of public events.
- Salary Range; $20.00 - 22.50 per hour
- Pay is based on a number of factors including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY JOB OUTCOMES
- Perform general maintenance and repair of park properties, buildings, facilities, equipment, furniture and structures
- Operate power tools and mechanized equipment and maintain and safeguard tools, equipment, materials and supplies
- Purchasing supplies and equipment as needed with supervisor's approval
- Perform routine inspections on Safety Equipment to be in compliance with safety regulations
- Perform minor repairs to locks and doors
- Install new benches and plaques and maintain existing benches as part of PPA’s Bench Donor Program
- Install and maintain Prospect park Alliance signs as needed
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs above 6 feet
- Perform/Assist in other Facility related repairs and installation
Performs other job-related duties and functions as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two to five (2-5) year experience in facilities management and general maintenance in a relevant commercial, nonprofit or public environment, preferably in an outdoor setting
- Certificate of Fitness (S95)
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes)
- Passion for the Alliance Mission & Core Values: A passion for public parks and environmental conservation combined with a commitment to treating others with respect, appreciating individual differences and embracing the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ethics & Integrity: Earns the trust and respect of others through a consistent commitment to integrity, honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Machinery Operation: Competence in the maintenance and operation of mechanized equipment is essential.
- General Facility Maintenance: Knowledge of or ability to perform simple building/grounds maintenance and repair duties utilizing power and hand tools commonly used in the industry including but not limited to power tools such as, drills, and hand tools such as hammer, pliers and screw drivers.
- Health and Safety Comply with relevant health and safety legislation and regulation and organizational policies. Manages risk including the identification of hazards, assessment of risks and implementation of control measures. Manages own safety and that of others.
- Customer Service: Exhibits a strong commitment to delivering excellent, responsive and friendly customer service to patrons and park visitors.
- Results and Impact Focus: Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and highly motivated to consistently produce high quality work and achieve desired outcomes and results.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving: Alerts others to possible problems in a timely fashion. Seeks support to solve problems. Offers possible solutions. Acts on solutions selected and decisions made as directed.
- Self-Management: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Committed to working in collaboration with others, promoting cooperation and commitment to others and being a positive team contributor.
- Communication: Superior verbal communication skills with the ability to positively engage with and impart key information to members of the public.
- Technology: Proficient with automated technologies that support area of responsibility including G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is normally performed in the field which subjects the employee to various external elements including potentially adverse weather conditions and some exposure to moderate risk of accident/injury requiring following basic safety precautions. Additionally, involves frequent exposure to challenging elements such as extreme dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, loud noises, chemicals, etc., and exposure to potentially hazardous substances, or other significant job environmental risks
- Requires operating a motor vehicle; operating equipment where carelessness could result in injury; standing for extended periods of time; stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or crawling; use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills and identifying and distinguishing colors and shades of color
- Requires manual labor with significant physical exertion (consistent need to lift, push, pull, carry, etc. over 50 lbs.)
- Requires communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading basic documents and/or following verbal instructions and filling in forms
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
Diversity Makes Us Stronger Together: Prospect Park Alliance serves park users of all socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and strives to reflect this diversity throughout our operations and in our leadership, staff, stakeholders and supporters. We know that by creating an equitable and inclusive workplace built on mutual respect and the appreciation of difference, our employees will feel safe to express themselves, voice their opinions and work together to find common ground and solutions. Integral to this vision is our longstanding commitment to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
Prospect Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online