Title: Finance Associate
Job Type: Full-Time, Year Round; 40 hours per week; Exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package following 60-day introductory period (health insurance, paid time off, etc.)
Work Location: Remote & In-person: 10 Central Road, New York, NY 10035 (Icahn Stadium – Randall’s Island Park)
Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. (RIPA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works with the City of New York and local communities to provide an innovative and exciting destination through a wide range of sports venues, public programs, cultural events, and environmental exploration. As the dedicated steward of Randall’s Island Park, the Alliance sustains, maintains, develops, and programs the Park to support the wellbeing of all New Yorkers. RIPA typically has an annual operating budget of $10 million (pre-COVID-19), approximately half of which is raised through fundraising. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day operational and transactional bookkeeping needs of the organization. With guidance from the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Associate will provide critical support to RIPA’s financial operation. Responsibilities include the operation of the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and the timely, accurate processing of payroll on a bi-weekly basis. The Finance Associate reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Perform day-to-day accounts payable tasks for all organization expenses including data entry, processing vendor invoices and employee reimbursements, setting up new vendor accounts, monitoring established vendor accounts, resolving billing issues with vendors, preparing checks, and preparing accounts payable reports, as needed.
- Perform day-to-day accounts receivable tasks for revenue including data entry, preparing invoices, processing payments, collection of outstanding receivables, communicating with permit holders and/or park patrons, and preparing accounts payable receivable reports as needed.
- With oversight from the Finance Manager, review time cards for accuracy and process payroll for all employees.
- With oversight from the Chief Development Officer, perform data entry for donations in the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and the Finance Manager with ad hoc financial reports, as needed.
- Willing to work in a flexible environment and contribute in other areas, as needed.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- An associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in accounting, finance or a related field of study and a minimum of 1 year work experience (which may include internships).
- A high degree of integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Unquestionable ability to be discreet and manage confidential information.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels.
- Technologically astute with strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including significant experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communications and writing skills; able to respond to requests in an effective and timely manner.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Experience with Sage Intacct, or other comparable accounting database
- Experience with SAP Concur
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
- Valid Driver License
The Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in a diverse and an inclusive workspace.
RIPA maintains confidentiality of all applications and therefore will never contact a present employer without prior consent from the applicant.
Randall's Island Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online