Fine Gardener Horticulturist
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $25.00 - $35.00 hourly
Morano Landscape is part of the Morano Group family. We are a full service, development and management company. Since our inception we have worked for some of the most exclusive estates and commercial projects in Westchester, Fairfield, Manhattan and Kings counties. We have now expanded our operation to West Palm Beach County. Our unwavering commitment to our clients and uncompromising attention to detail and safety has made us an industry leader for over 70 years. Please access our website to learn more about us : www.moranogroup.com We currently have an excellent opportunity for a passionate individual to join our team as a Fine Gardener Horticulturist
As we provide services to a number of high-end residential clients with stunning landscapes, we are in need of an expert with developed attention to detail. Someone who knows how to evaluate garden needs and pruning schedules in a timely and effective manner and who can identify pests and fungus.
- Work with a team to maintain the gardens/plant beds that have been designed by our company, as well as assisting in the installation of new projects.
- Design, install, and care for specialty gardens, courtyard gardens, large perennial landscapes, and container gardens.
- Maintenance of gardens and landscapes beds, primary focus on annual, perennial and native plantings.
- Select pruning and trimming of shrubs, small trees, perennials, annuals, and vines.
- Maintain and install flower borders and containers.
- Knowledge of plant health and experience in identifying pest or fungal disease.
- Monitoring beds for irrigation issues – too much, too little watering.
- Care of woody, perennial, and annual plant material.
- Bed Mulching, fertilization and composting
- Communication with Account Managers about gardening needs.
- The ability act as a crew leader and manage a team.
- Knowledge of annuals, perennials, ornamentals trees, weeds, and native plants.
- Strong attention to detail and able to think critically and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of plant identification, soil health, trimming and pruning needs.
- Prior landscape maintenance experienced preferred.
- Prior experience with perennial garden maintenance and design preferred.
- Must have valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Ability to take direction, prioritize and multi-task
- Enjoys working outdoors
- Punctual, dependable and willing to work in all kinds of weather
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking with a passion for beautiful gardens
- Professional demeanor
- Able to lift 40lbs
- Has a minimum of five years’ experience in the green industry
- Has a valid driver’s license
- Is proficient in both oral and written communications Is Bilingual (English / Spanish) is a plus
- Maintains a clean and professional appearance at all times
- Efficient time management skills
- Decisive decision-making abilities
- Strong communication abilities
- Leadership experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Morano Group -Morano Landscape Garden Design Ltd
Contact Name: Lisa Morano