Forest Crew Member
TITLE: Forest Crew Member
LOCATION: Forest & Highland Park, Queens, NY
SALARY: $16 per hour (28 hours per week)
SEASONAL POSITION: June 4 – August 11, 2018 (10 weeks)
WORK LOCATION: Oak Ridge, One Forest Park, Woodhaven, NY
The Forest Park Trust Inc. and the Forest & Highland Park Administration, a unit of NYC Parks, work together to oversee the parks operations, maintenance, capital restoration and special events. Forest Park is the third largest park in Queens. Its 543 acres feature sports fields, a track, playgrounds, golf, gardens, a skate park, and large areas of forest.
Under the direction of the Crew Supervisor assist with the following park projects:
- Gathering of tools and supplies for landscape projects
- Maintenance of hiking trails
- Removal of invasive plant species along the trail edge and in native tree groves
- Maintenance of the Forest Park Pine Grove
- Assist with supervising volunteers during service projects
1. A high school diploma and working towards a college degree or certificate in horticulture, natural resources, or related field.
2. Experience doing landscape restoration projects.
3. Ability to work with and motivate volunteers.
4. Knowledge of Eastern New York plants helpful.
5. Familiar working with landscape hand tools.
6. Willing to work weekend days, in inclement weather and perform physically demanding work.
7. Valid New York State driver license helpful.
TO APPLY, SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO
Josephine Scalia, Landscape Manager
Oak Ridge/One Forest Park
Woodhaven, NY 11421
FAX: 718 235-4265
The Forest Park Trust, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Forest & Highland Park