Full Time & Part Time Gardeners
Start Date: Immediately
Blue in Green Gardens, LLC is an urban gardening company based in NYC. We design, install, and maintain Manhattan and Brooklyn terraces, rooftops, public spaces, and townhouse gardens.
- 1. Preferred: a valid driver license and good knowledge of daily NYC navigation.
- 2. Ability to perform heavy physical labor (lift 40lbs) on a daily basis, in all weather conditions.
- 3. Strong plant and weed identification skills.
- 4. Basic knowledge of plant disease and insects pests, as well as IPM strategies to combat them.
- 5. Comfort in working independently and with others on various gardening tasks.
- 6. One or more years of horticulture/urban gardening experience.
- 7. Strong communication skills and basic computer knowledge such as navigating a google calendar, updating shared spreadsheets as needed, or returning emails in
- a timely fashion.
We are searching for gardeners who can fulfill the following tasks:
1. Performing installs and maintenance visits to our various gardens with confidence.
2. Using existing plant knowledge to locate select perennials, annuals, trees, and shrubs from various wholesale nurseries for yearly installations.
3. Performing other duties as required in the scope of the job and as designated by management.
4. Effectively communicating the state of various gardens with other team members in person, via video or photo sharing and emails to ensure their health and aesthetic.
5. Maintaining the utmost level of detail in the landscape (as well as the interiors) of our clients’ homes.
Blue in Green Gardens, LLC
Contact Name: Naima Green