Full-time Assistant Grower
Assist in the care and maintenance of all hardy nursery stock, both container grown, b&b and field grown stock. Working directly with the plant material; fertilizing, pruning, watering and insect monitoring, insuring that the plant material is always “garden ready.” The position reports directly to the Horticultural Nursery Manager, and ideally the candidate is; energetic, passionate, motivated and wants to be a part of a growing and evolving plant nursery.
- Hands on management of irrigation, fertilization, environmental controls and cultural care of plant nursery stock.
- Early detection of plant problems and proactively providing solutions.
- Clear and timely communication, both oral and written, with supervisors and fellow employees.
- Up keep and trouble shooting of all grower supplies and tools.
- A degree in Horticulture and/or three plus years of growing experience.
- Knowledge of perennial, shrub and tree identification.
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid IL Pesticide License
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Basic computer skills
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Bridget Reilly, Nursery Operations and Horticultural Manager