Full Time Design Assistant / Studio Manager
Start Date: Immediately Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Red Fern Brooklyn is a Red Hook-based landscape design studio specializing in residential/commercial garden design, installation, and maintenance. We are looking for a junior garden designer with project management skills to help manage the daily operations of our business.
The role is dynamic and will be working directly with the partner in key areas of the business, from consultation thru design. estimating and proposal development, strategic planning and resourcing for installations, as well as up-sale of maintenance services post installations. This position is half office oriented and half in the field. Candidates should have their own gardening practice and embrace this hands-on approach to design.
- Assist in site assessment visits, documenting Client requirements and organizing follow ups and next steps
- Assist in proposal development, including design, sourcing plant and hardscape materials
- Assist in management of proposals through to contracting and installation
- Assist in tracking progress of maintenance/design projects, including coordination and communication with team members (and Clients) to keep projects on schedule
- Manage installation plant lists and hardscape materials
- Order plant inventory from local nurseries, hardscape inventory from distributors
- Perform maintenance visits/design installations when needed
- 2 years + of operations/management experiences
- 2 years + of experience as a garden designer/gardener on maintenance and installation projects
Please provide a cover letter email and three references with your resume
Red Fern Brooklyn