Full Time Garden Maintenance Manager
Start Date: Immediately Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Red Fern Brooklyn is a Red Hook-based landscape design studio specializing in residential, commercial garden design, installation, and maintenance. We are looking for an experienced garden maintenance manager with a strong horticulture background, creative eye, and project management skills to join our team. The role is dynamic and will be working directly with the partner in key areas of the business, from overseeing management of existing maintenance gardens, creating estimates and plans for new maintenance clients, helping clients expand their gardens, and managing our seasonal annual display program.
- Manage maintenance gardens and gardeners onsite, from garden opens, regular visits to garden closes
- Tracking daily work and making notes on work to be done
- Monitoring supplies and making notes on needs
- Managing and installing specimens in maintenance gardens as needed
- Identifying and troubleshooting pests and diseases in our gardens as needed
- Creating estimates for additional plantings and invoicing clients for visits
- Planning out and installing seasonal annual displays for our clients
- 2 years + of operations/management experiences
- 2 years + of experience as a maintenance gardener and/or horticultural degree
- Knowledge of ornamental plants and pests/diseases a must!
- Clean driver’s license and ability to drive a cargo van
Please send a cover email with your resume, three references and any visuals of past work you may have to share
Red Fern Brooklyn LLC