Full-time Seasonal Gardener/Horticulturist
Immediate hire: We are seeking a full-time seasonal gardener/horticulturist with the potential for year round employment in a large multi-acre estate in the Stony Brook/St. James area. The ideal candidate will be experienced with flowering plants/shrubs and able to install and maintain gardens in all weather conditions. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced gardener or horticulturist; however, we will also consider a horticulture student looking to build a career, willing to learn, and able take direction from current garden staff.
- Strong work ethic, punctual, dependable
- Excellent plant identification skills
- Must be physically fit to carry and/or lift 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to carry out garden installations, maintenance, pruning, etc.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to submit to and pass a drug test and background check
- Ability to visualize appealing and aesthetically attractive garden designs with an eye for detail
- Demonstrate a passion for horticulture
- Hands on experience in plant installation, transplanting, watering, maintenance care, etc.
- Degree in horticulture or similar
- Able to operate small power equipment
- Self-motivated, able and willing to work independently and within a tea
We offer paid time off, holidays, flexible work schedules and competitive pay commensurate with experience. Full-time employees enjoy fully paid medical/dental/vision/life; 40lk.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private Estate (St. James/Stony Brook)