Design by Plants designs, builds and stewards gardens in Brooklyn. Integral to all of our projects is a desire to improve well-being through plants and to shape artful and productive outdoor spaces with the sustainable support of ecological systems.
Employees will work with a team to: install plants, steward gardens, set up irrigation systems and construct wood and stone garden structures. This will require moving heavy materials at times. We are foremost looking for people who love plants, have a strong desire to learn, and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm. As a small firm we ask our employees to assist us in all aspects of garden-making.
- Collect and deliver plants and materials
- Install and care for plants
- Install irrigation and lighting systems
- Construct wood and stone garden structures (including fences, walls, patios, decks, planters, and pergolas)
Depending upon experience, interest and weather you may also be asked to:
- Research, design and plan gardens
- Sketch plans and create presentations and renderings
- Help with administrative work
- 2-4 years horticulture, gardening and/or construction experience
- Bike access and Driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Effective, contributing team player
- Experience with construction, especially carpentry and stone masonry is a plus
We offer a competitive compensation based on experience. For the right candidate this position could become a full time position with significant growth potential.
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.