Garden Center Assistant
Garden boutique in Larchmont, NY looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable, Garden Center Assistant, with at least 2 years experience in nurseries, garden centers, greenhouses, and/or plant care. Additionally, all candidates must have a positive work ethic and a background in customer service. This full-time position includes a variety of diverse responsibilities related to retail sales, garden design, plant material, and general upkeep.
- Garden center experience and/or horticultural education
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Comprehensive plant knowledge (annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, houseplants, etc.)
- Work outdoors in all conditions
- Potting experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Comfortable with retail POS systems and MS office
- Self-motivated, creative, ambitious multi-tasker
- Able to problem solve and make informed decisions
- Must be proactive in communication and approaching issues and/or problems
- Available full time, year-round and flexible on hours, including some nights and weekends
- Interact directly with customers and respond to questions in a friendly manner
- Ensure that customer orders are met in a timely and satisfactory fashion
- Assist in management of plant inventory
- Ordering, purchasing, receiving, follow-up, care, etc.
- Assist in management in maintaining all plant material on property including watering, weeding, etc.
- Assist management in cleaning, stocking, labeling, selling retail products, etc.
For more information or to apply: