Garden Center Associate
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $18-21 DOE
Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center is a family owned and operated business that has been in Williamsburg, Brooklyn since 1962. Alongside our hardware operation we offer a year-round greenhouse full of houseplants and a seasonal garden center that is fully stocked with a large selection of herbs & veggies, trees/shrubs, perennials, and seasonal live goods. We also have an ever-changing selection of pottery and containers as well as a full array of dry goods.
We are currently looking for employees with a strong background and passion for all things plants. Team members should be ready to work in a fast pasted environment where no two days are the same.
- Sell plants, hard scape and pottery
- Help customers select plants that will fit their environments
- Assist with overseeing and improving the daily functions of the garden center and greehouse
- Help create garden and plant displays.
- Load & unload plant delivers from trucks
- Examine and monitor plants for disease and insects to protect their health
- Monitor watering times, soil conditions, and plant positions and take proper actions to ensure nursery plants are healthy
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the cultivation and maintenance of tropical plants, trees, shrubs, grasses and perennials, etc.
- Must have strong people and communication skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a large, diverse team of people
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs and be capable and willing to be on their feet for long durations of time
- Be willing to get dirty with the team and work in the elements (Sun, Rain, Snow, Hot, Cold)
- Experience in retail sales a + but not require
Full-time employees (40+ hours a week) are eligible to enroll in a full benefits package. Health, Vision, Dental & 401K options.
Paid vacation time is also offered to full time employees.
Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center
Contact Name: Liza Franquinha