Garden Center Manager
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: Experience Based
Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center is seeking a knowledgeable and professional staff leader to add to manage our garden team. Crest is a family owned and operated business that has been in Williamsburg, Brooklyn since 1962.
We offer a year-round greenhouse full of houseplants and a seasonal garden center fully stocked with a large selection of herbs & veggies, trees/shrubs, perennials and seasonal live goods. We also have an ever changing selection of pottery and containers as well as a full array of dry goods.
- Must have experience in green industry management.
- Must have extensive knowledge of plants (both indoor and outdoor)
- Strong sales skills and customer relations
- Must be computer savvy and have a working knowledge of Google Drive and Excel
- Must be able to create daily, weekly and monthly employee goals and tasks.
- Ability to manage employees to ensure everyone is on task and being productive throughout the work day.
- Must be organized, be able to think quickly on their feet and be willing and able to work alongside the rest of the store management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, even sometimes chaotic, but stay positive and upbeat!
- Must be willing to work indoors and outdoors year round.
We are seeking an experienced manager to lead our garden staff in our bustling seasonal Urban Garden Center and year round Greenhouse. This position is responsible for oversight of all garden related day to day operations, leading and managing the pace of the garden staff, helping coordinate shipping & receiving orders with our warehouse, coordinate display changes with staff, and work alongside the rest of our management team to ensure all departments are working in tandem.
This is a full time position
Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center
Contact Name: Liza Franquinha