Garden Center Sales Associate
Start Date: Immediate Compensation: $18-$20 D.O.E.
Chelsea Garden Center, established in 1984, is looking for Horticultural Sales Staff for our Red Hook, Brooklyn, location.
- Help set up and open store daily which consists of rolling display carts and feature plant displays.
- Interact with customers and help them with plant selections and gardening advise!
- Our garden centers are shopper friendly retail environments; you must love working with people.
- This position requires the ability to lift 50lbs, work outdoors in inclement weather occasionally.
- Help in unloading fresh nursery and flower shipments, help load outgoing orders onto our trucks.
- Help maintain bedding plants and nursery stock displays as required.
- Pricing of new plant material as required.
- Ensure that incoming plants are free of insects and disease and notify a manager of any issues.
- Knowledge of our products including trees, shrubs, topicals, annuals and perennials a plus.
- Assisting customers with all aspects of the garden center products
- If you have cashiering experience and strong customer service phone skills, please tell us.
This position calls for an individual who loves plants, has a depth of horticultural knowledge, and loves selling.
Chelsea Garden Center specializes in the design, delivery, and installation, of both residential and commercial landscapes. We have a diversified portfolio of work from residential gardens on rooftops and backyards to large scale commercial projects of every description.
Chelsea Garden Center
Contact Name: Alex Protell