Garden Design Assistant
Red Fern Brooklyn, a Red Hook based garden and interior plant design studio, is looking for a Garden Design Assistant for the 2020 season. This position would start early April. Hourly rate will be commiserate with experience.
- This position is half studio based and half field based. The Design Assistant will work closely with the Lead Designer to organize upcoming garden installs. Assistant will communicate directly with clients and vendors. She/he/they will go on nursery runs and oversee garden installs with Lead Designer. Good communication and organizational skills a must.
- Qualified candidates must have knowledge of ornamental perennials and shrubs, as well as an eye for plant design. Candidate should have experience with Illustrator/Sketch Up or other drafting software and own their own laptop.
- She/he/they must have a valid driver’s license, feel comfortable driving vans/trucks, and have a clean driving record.
- Significant garden install experience and horticultural knowledge a must
- Must know ornamental perennial specimens, especially those native to the Northeast
- Must have a valid drivers license and ability to drive vans/trucks
- Must own laptop, preferably Mac
- Experience with Illustrator or Sketch Up a plus
- An eye for design and/or planting portfolio, with knowledge of current green design trends a plus
- Must be willing and ready to work in all weather conditions and be able to carry up to 50lbs
- Must be willing to travel to Red Hook studio for work
Please send your resume, at least three professional references and images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Fern Brooklyn