Garden Design Assistant
Start Date: Immediately Compensation: Per Experience
This position is half studio based and half field based. The Design Assistant will work closely with the Lead Designer to organize upcoming garden installs. Assistant will communicate directly with clients and vendors. She/he/they will go on nursery runs and oversee garden installs with Lead Designer. Good communication and organizational skills a must.
Qualified candidates must have knowledge of ornamental perennials and shrubs, as well as an eye for plant design. Candidate should have experience with Illustrator/Sketch Up or other drafting software and own their own laptop. She/he/they must have a valid driver’s license, feel comfortable driving vans/trucks, and have a clean driving record.
- Organizing and attending site visits
- Working on garden designs with Lead Designer
- Researching and acquiring materials for installs
- Overseeing small installs
- Stepping in to bridge the gap on field duties as needed
- Significant garden install experience and horticultural knowledge a must
- Must know ornamental perennial specimens, especially those native to the Northeast
- Must have a valid drivers license and ability to drive vans/trucks
- Must own laptop, preferably Mac
- Experience with Illustrator or Sketch Up a plus
- An eye for design and/or planting portfolio, with knowledge of current green design trends a plus
- Must be willing and ready to work in all weather conditions and be able to carry up to 50lbs
Please include an introductory overview, resume, and three references in your response.
Red Fern Brooklyn