Garden Designer and Care Manager
Start Date: May 1 Compensation: $23-27
Arborpolitan Tree & Garden Care is a full-service arboriculture firm located in the Red Hook neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY. We focus on land care and tree work through the use of natural and traditional products. As an arborist firm we handle tree evaluation, pruning, removals, consulting, Integrated Pest Management, and tree/garden installation. We promote a healthy work environment by working closely with each other, emphasizing safety, and offering continuous education for all workers from office staff to PHC techs to climbers. Our clients in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens value us for our open exchange of knowledge, the quality of our work, and our attention to service.
Benefits: Competitive Salary Range (20-22/hr), on-the-job training, paid vacation and holidays, healthcare/retirement funding, education allowance
- Point person for all new garden designs and garden maintenance proposals
- Handles clients from appointment, to proposal, to design, to deposit, to installation, to ensuring client satisfaction
- Learns Single Ops Software
- Manages performing garden maintenance jobs, nursery runs, and sourcing materials for new installs
- Has working knowledge of trees, shrubs, vines, perennials, and annuals
- Has capable artistic design and the ability to hand draw accurate to scale designs
- Has working knowledge of PHC, soil amendments, pest and disease ID.
- Has working knowledge of General Tree care, pruning methods,
- Works safely with equipment (ladders, saws) and understand rigging, and ground work
- Understands PPE and Acquires First Aid within first year
Arborpolitan Tree & Garden Care