Outside Space NYC is a landscape design build firm serving NYC with an office in Dumbo and a Nursery in Clinton Hill. The company works on transforming back yards, common rooftops, and small terraces into an oasis in the urban jungle.
The Garden Foreman’s main responsibility will be to lead garden installation projects and perform landscape maintenance. A successful candidate must have prior experience in gardening and/or landscaping in New York City, have a great work ethic, take personal pride in performing quality work, and enjoy working outdoors.
Tasks & Responsibilities may Include:
- Perform gardening/landscaping work such as pruning, weeding, fertilizing, deadheading, mulching, dividing, planting, soil placement, etc.
- Install planting projects from plan
- Source and pick up plant material at nurseries
- Assist in garden center management and maintenance
- Assist in preparing materials for design presentation
Education & Experience:
- Excellent plant knowledge and identification skills and irrigation systems operation preferred.
- Candidates with experience or a degree in Horticulture or other related fields are preferred
- Ideally 3 years experience
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner at all times
- A valid driver’s license
- Direct physical labor (lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, squatting, digging, etc.)
- Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions
- Daily punctuality and an excellent attendance history
Compensation & Schedule:
- $15.00 per hour dependent upon experience
- Mon - Fri 8 AM to 5 PM (Spring - Fall), occasional early morning
- This is a seasonal position
- Occasional weekend work and extra hours as needed