Garden Maintenance Site Leader
We are a NYC based, high end, full service garden and landscape design build firm specializing in design, installation, maintenance and construction. We are a growing company that delivers high quality work while maintaining a friendly working environment. We are currently seeking a full-time Maintenance Site Leader to work with our horticulture and install teams on garden projects throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
All candidates may email their cover letter, resume, and relevant materials to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Leading and working with maintenance gardeners to maintain client gardens with a focus on fine gardening, to include perennial and annual planting and maintenance
- Lead and demonstrate accurate techniques for pruning plants
- Share and teach best maintenance gardening practices with other team members
- Provide input on scheduling of daily responsibilities and seasonal tasks for maintenance gardeners
- Work with arborists for plant health care to provide the best solutions for pest management and pruning
- Update the progress report and include sending photos of the completed work
- Identify any requirements or supply needs for the project by updating the calendar with the required information
- Develop and maintain a harmonious work environment
- Maintain professionalism with clients and their gardens, providing attention to detail, sensitivity to personal environment and following up on unresolved issues
- It is essential to be comfortable with maintaining and adjusting of irrigation systems, pest management and troubleshooting plant health or other garden issues.
- At least 3 years experience in landscaping profession
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Clean driver’s license and smart phone are a must
- Good working knowledge of plant material
- Understanding of construction methods and handyman type skills
- Ability to work well with high-end clientele and have a customer service focus
- Must be detail oriented with ability to problem solve
- Must be organized and on-time
- Ability to meet deadlines, be proactive and multitask
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Excellent sense of design
- Self-disciplined and dependable
- Able to take direction and work independently as well as work with a team
- Weekend work is seldom except a couple possible Saturdays throughout the season
- Willing to work in all kinds of weather
- Some experience as a team leader a plus
- Knowledge of irrigation and lighting a plus
- Degree in landscape architecture, horticulture or related field a plus
- Knowledge of NYC metro area sources for plant material and construction materials helpful a plus
- This is a full –time seasonal position.