(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: 03/13/2023 Compensation: 65,000-75,000
The Garden Manager (GM) position is a great opportunity to assume a leadership role in our Operations Team. It is ideally suited for any trained horticulturist who has a strong foundation in pruning, garden design, a firm understanding of production principles, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment. The GM helps to recruit talented gardeners, researches progressive horticulture methodologies, and implements best practices across their garden team.
Specifically, this is a wonderful opportunity for an excellent communicator who wants to do the following:
- Work closely with production manager to set and bolster goals for horticulture team.
- Recruit, train and empower lead gardeners so they can build and train their own team.
- Work collaboratively with Account managers to estimate and manage budgets for gardening.
- Ability to design, install, and maintain vegetable and perennials gardens.
- Create learning and teaching experiences for garden team.
- Ensure gardeners have tools they need to perform job tasks.
- Help to create routes and support production team to ensure best production practice.
Due to the breadth of our portfolio and our highly collaborative environment any candidate for this position will need the following to excel in this role:
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Horticulture or a related field preferred.however industry experience supersedes.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience successfully managing a team of people.
- A minimum of 3 years in the horticulture industry.
- The ability to use a variety of cloud computing tools for communication, organization and productivity.
All candidates will find that we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage.
Schumacher Companies, Inc.
Contact Name: Emily Admirand