Garden Shop Associate
Tend Greenpoint is an urban garden shop on Franklin Street in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. At our North Brooklyn location conveniently situated between Williamsburg and Long Island City, we aim to help small space gardeners - and aspiring gardeners - achieve their planting goals. Our store is stocked with apartment-ready tropical houseplants, succulents, clay pots, handmade planters, and various garden-inspired gifts. Our yard is brimming with just the right nursery plants and larger containers for our neighbors’ stoops, windowsills, and balconies (and the rare garden too!). From our own experience, we’ve selected our favorite potting soils, tools, and supplies.
Job Summary: The Garden/Shop Associate supports the overall customer experience. This role obsesses over the customer, has extensive knowledge of plant species/care and a passion for working in a small business environment.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Share deep knowledge of both plant species and care
- Care for in-stock plants - both houseplants and annuals/perennials in the Shop Yard
- Multitask, while making the customer the priority
- Process deliveries, replenish Shop floor, back stock
- Maintain overall Shop cleanliness and organization
- Execute daily task list
- Deep knowledge of plants and their care
- Gardening and houseplant experience
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to manage time; to complete tasks and support customers’ needs simultaneously
- Action oriented and enjoys working hard
- Able to work independently
- Part time hours
- Flexible schedule required, including evenings, weekends and select holidays
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- Occasional outdoor work in inclement weather
- Ability and comfortability to climb ladders
To Apply: Please send your resume. Be sure to tell us a little about how green your thumb is and what your working availability is.