Compensation: Min. $20/ph
We are a collective of artists who double as stewards to the environment. Having served the Brooklyn area for over 17years, our intimate connection to the area, to nature, and to art, make us uniquely qualified to serve all the gardening needs of the exquisite properties throughout the city. Do you have a passion for plants, a commitment to the earth, and a strong work ethic? If so, becoming our newest garden technician may be for you.
- Assist in the maintenance and horticulture installation for residential and commercial client properties throughout the city.
- Perform tasks such a weeding, raking, planting, dead heading, hedge trimming, tree pruning, fertilizing, etc.
- Transport heavy materials such as soil and gravel across the city and individual job sites.
- Maintain and operate both power and hand tools.
- Record and maintain time sheets and client supply inventory.
- Stay in constant communication throughout the day with supervisor to facilitate client relations.
- Occasionally assist in plant inventory management and coordination.
- Learn to spot and mitigate plant pests and diseases.
- One season (preferred) of professional gardening experience.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Strong work ethic.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license. a +++
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work long ours in the sun.
- Uncompromised phone access.