An estate garden in Westchester is seeking a seasonal Gardener to help maintain extensive, new and established plantings.
- In conjunction with seasoned horticulturists, the gardener will perform all tasks associated with general maintenance including but not limited to weeding, mulching, pruning, planting, raking, dead heading and watering
- Monitor for problems (plant pests and disease, irrigation, broken labels, etc) in the garden and report them
- Maintain a neat and orderly work space and appearance
- Possess a passion for plants and gardens, with a positive attitude and willingness to work hard
- Some gardening experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and perform strenuous labor in all weather conditions
- Be attentive and reliable