Lynn Torgerson Gardens Ltd. looks to add a Seasonal Gardener to its team of professionals! We are Manhattan based, and design, install, and maintain gardens in NYC. Seasonal gardeners are the backbone of the LTG team. Under supervision of the Director of Field Operations and owner Lynn Torgerson, this gardener plays a key role in servicing all planting/installation projects as well as our maintenance clients.
- Teamwork with crew
- Work with crew to execute landscaping tasks such as: Weeding, pruning, deadheading, planting, mulching, general cleanup, unloading trucks and other landscaping tasks
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to plant flowers, plants and materials
- Use hand tools such as shovels, trowels, shears, brooms, saws, loppers, etc.
- Follow instructions
- Previous hands-on experience in garden maintenance or horticulture is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to perform physical labor on a daily basis in all weather conditions (must be able to lift 50 pounds)
- Punctual and professional in the workspace
- Flexibility to work as many hours as required
- Willingness to work with people, in a helpful friendly manner