Start Date: 04/11/2022 Compensation: 15.00
The Gardener installs and maintains all parks, gardens, courtyards, roof tops, patios, community gardens, tree pits and containers owned or managed by CHDC. The Gardener also assesses all planted areas for annual, perennial and tree planting, and is responsible for indoor plants throughout out the year and seasonal holiday displays.
- Plant, maintain and oversee diverse plantings of trees, shrubs, perennials, grasses, bulbs and annuals
- Hand water and monitor irrigation of plantings as required
- Perform seasonal landscape work including fertilization, pruning, weeding/clean up, planting annuals and bulbs, dividing and transplanting and leaf removal
- Observe tree conditions and coordinated with tree company for tree care
- Maintain indoor plants and installs seasonal holiday displays
- Install new garden projects
- Interact with public in a courteous manner;
- Efficiencies in time management and project completion;
- Assist with community wide events, leading groups of volunteers;
- Working some weekend hours;
- Minimum of one year of professional field experience and/or horticultural school;
- Ability to take direction and work well with others;
- Ability to lift up to 40lb.
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to work in all weather conditions;
- Ability to juggle different and diverse projects at one time
- Ability to work well and communicate with a diverse community
- Experience in gardening and design of public spaces. Familiarity with planting and gardening in an urban environment .
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Familiarity with planting and gardening in New York City
Clinton Housing Development Company
Contact Name: Sarah Burton