About Jane Gil Gardens - We are a well established high-end garden design and maintenance company specializing in residential gardens of all types in the NYC metro area. Most of our accounts are in Manhattan, some in Bronx, some in Brooklyn. Please take a look at our website to view examples of our work: www.janegilgardens.com.
- Perform horticultural tasks such as planting, weeding, mulching, pruning, and watering of display beds. The crew member will be expected to maintain garden areas to a high standard.
- Ability to prune shrubs and small trees.
- Ability to operate power equipment such as blowers.
- Load and unload materials from trucks
- Bag up plant debris and ensure a clean work area before leaving a site
- The ideal candidate should be able to perform at the highest standards of garden maintenance and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the aesthetic presentation of plants and garden design.
- At least two years of experience performing professional garden work in urban setting.
- Degree or certification in horticultural or related field desired
- Familiarity with local and ornamental plant species and plant identification skills
- Ability to properly use shovels, rakes, digging forks, hand shears and loppers to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to follow instructions and to take initiative; ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with coworkers
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced and dynamic environment where priorities shift due to variables like weather, scheduling and events
- Ideal candidate would have a valid New York State driver’s license and be comfortable driving a cargo/mini-van and parallel parking in the city.
- We are looking for someone punctual, dependable and sociable with a positive attitude, fastidious attention to detail and love of gardening!
Please email a resume and cover letter to apply.
Jane Gil Gardens